1976. The Year..

And the number, I wish as many fans had signed the petition. So far 1137. Let's start with a song, something what David Cassidy recorded in 1976. His own song, and such an unforgettable performance.

'leave me gently..so my heart doesn't break.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6QGYBCU4pI

I have watched it so many times (like each and every one of us) still so moving, and..you know. David Cassidy was a great singer, not only the most beautiful man ever. 

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K

1976..It's because of Columbo. I'm a great fan of it. It was one of the few American shows shown on our tv in the 70s. I watched all episodes and I remember how I was scared of Jack Cassidy..He looked like someone from another planet in my eyes, and of course I had no idea that horrible man had a son..David. I also thought that all the people in America had big houses, tennis courts, swimming pools. After half a century everything has changed. I still watch Columbo with a great pleasure, and now I know a lot about the guest stars on it, and a little bit more about America.

One more song from 1976, one of my fav, and fantastic video matching the song, only the DC's concert pics are included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SchoM1IdOrc 

Yesterday, and it was nearly midnight, I was doing something in the kitchen, turned the tv on and wow..Columbo, an episode from the 70s. And something very extraordinary because I never watched  that particular one. It just started. An episode with Sal Mineo. What a shame his  character was killed just after 20 minutes. What a charismatic man, and instead cleaning the kitchen I made myself a cup of tea and started reading about Sal Mineo..There is his website, and I also read those fragments of his biography where DC was mentioned..

That Columbo episode was one of the last Sal Mineo's roles. He was stabbed in a heart by a mugger,  just outside his apartment, on the night of February 12, 1976. Sal Mineo was only 37. For David it was a huge shock. Sal was someone special for him, a special friend. DC wrote about that horrible night in his autobiography. And : 'I blotted out reality by immersing myself deeper in drugs, alcohol and music,,' (David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever?, 2007)

Exactly 10 months later, on December 12, 1976  his father, Jack Cassidy, died in a fire...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYpNhu9GmUM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'