'.. David, the person, just hasn't changed..'

This is a fragment of a poem wrote in 1975, by Nancy from Glasgow. It was published on The David Cassidy Magazine,  the issue no.41, October 1975.

There were 43 issues of that magazine in total, the first one in June 1972, the last one in December 1975. 58 Parker Street, London. Editor Pat Wallace, could be Patricia or Patrick. At the beginning it costed 15p, at the end 30. I'm a former librarian, I always check such info first, I can't help it, a book or a newspaper I want to know how it's been done, by whom, how many copies, prices..everything.

Maybe a song, the video was made by Sharron to support London Music Walk Of Fame Petition. David was a huge star there, even had an own the UK magazine so please SIGN THE PETITION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt-x0ZQYWzE&list=PLIHq1iCLCzGwbwnXp68EBtBOSIwn7rxgK&index=8

I have several copies of The David Cassidy Magazine myself, and it's amazing in what excellent condition they are. High quality paper and pics, not only black and white, really interesting and first of all true info, a column called 'David's Personal Letter To You', I don't think  David wrote those letters himself, but who knows..and another one, 'David's Pen Pals, and of course letters from readers. 

The fans wrote about everything really, they also wrote poems for David Cassidy. I've  wanted to write an entry how DC kept changing, how he hid behind his many images, when by a pure accident I've found that poem.

It's naive of course, but very, very moving and very true. We must remember it was written in 1975.  I hope that the grown up, adult Nancy is still David Cassidy fan..I wish I could tell her how I like her poem.

'David, I write this poem for you
But believe me, each word is true
Throughout the years I've watched you change
From a boy to a man - which isn't so strange
Though you have grown in body and mind
There's still one thing I'm glad to find
That David, the person, just hasn't changed
No, not at all, he's just been rearranged
So David, keep changing as you think best
I'll always be with you, along with the rest'

Of course we will be always with you. Thank you Nancy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'