'Did David Cassidy Really Like Heavy Rock Music ?'

 

I've been trying for at least a week to write about the DC's cover of  Left Banke's hit, 'Walk Away Renee'. And I couldn't. Everyday something or a new thing or problem or whatever emerges. It's not that I'm a fan of that song, personally I always call it - 'Walk away Renee and never come back'. It can stuck in one's head.

But I've learned to trust the DC's musical choices and the story of the band and the story behind that song is amazing. 'Walk Away Renee' was written by teenagers, the inspiration was famme fatale of course, a beautiful, tall blond aspiring ballerina. I also found another not so romantic story about the origin of that song. Anyway I can't say this is my fav DC's track. I think he did a cover of it because it was a hit when he was 16 years old (I remember a lot of songs from 1978 when I was 16 and in love), and maybe he knew a girl called Renee. Who knows..

There is a charming guitar solo in the middle and the David's voice is like melted honey..Who would have left him ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8UL6rm6sec

This song is just not for me. But maybe the time will come. I've changed my mind about some David's songs.

And my dear B. asked me yesterday that question, 'Did David Cassidy really like heavy rock music?'. We discussed the Chip Deffaa's interview. I really don't want to write about it (there are many reasons), but that fragment drew our attention. That DC talked in many interviews, (in the 70s) about the music he loved, and yes he played some outstanding blues or rock numbers on stage, but when he had an opportunity he recorded songs like Bali Ha'i or If I Didn't Care. None of his RCA albums are rock albums.  

Anyway interesting question. Of course what B. understands as 'heavy rock music' are eg Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabath. And we know that DC didn't listen to such music, he didn't like punk..But he had an outstanding knowledge of the 20th century music and he could sing everything..

David Cassidy was one in a kind, an unique singer and performer..We can't qualified him into any group or type. Just David..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OPB-Giph9c

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!!!

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K


Comments

  1. Very interesting article thank you for publishing it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'