'Goodbye, hello..I've got to go..'

Wrote by Paul Anka (and Wes Farrell whatever it means) from that outstanding TPF album, 'Sound Magazine'. Also one of the most memorable David Cassidy's performance as Keith Partridge. From the episode called 'The Diary Of Mad Millionaire', Season 3, ep. 24 (73)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoqEHtrK5jQ

Truly wonderful music, and those lyrics..it's scary really, how this song now looks like was written just for him.' the price of fame..'. Of course that's the life of a professional musician or actor, a professional entertainer. And I've thought about this song today while reading comments on my yesterday's entry. The Gerry Beckley's interview. But first David Cassidy and 'One Night Stand' live, in Chicago, in 1991..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUKEeaRvE-U

What a performance..I'd have been screaming too I'm afraid.

So  I've got an impressive feedback, thank you very much, I think that interview, that fragment about DC was a food for thought. And I also have learnt that there are fans who has no idea about the DC's collaboration with Gerry Beckley and Dewey Bunnell in the 70s. Of course I've written about it many times, and not only me of course, Julie Stetler Correll for example, and many more. But fans have normal life, they come and go, everything needs time, and for me it's a tip to return to not so known topics. It's worth repeating certain things..

And there was also such comment :'He made good friends with a lot of folks'. Short and accurate. If we made a list of known, famous people, musicians or actors, producers and others, with whom DC was friends, it'd be a very impressive list. But, 'I play and sing ..pack my things and move along'. He kept  moving along. All his life..another project, new co-workers, new friends. But of course it's nothing unusual in it. 

David Cassidy also sang backing vocals on some of his friends' albums, eg America's, Richie Furay's and Randy Meisner's. Truly speaking I don't know if Randy M. was a friend, anyway David sings on 3 songs on the self-title album, released by ex-Poco and ex The Eagles musician in 1978.

One of those songs is 'Take It To The Limit'. One of the most beautiful song ever written..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcC7eXekzyM

AND PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K



Comments

  1. AWESOME SONG!! Beautiful singing by gorgeous David!!
    The song, "One Night Stand", is the name, and the lyric- "Goodbye, hello, I got to go"...references the sadness and pressure of fame, being in a hurry, never able to take the time to really get to know someone you meet and would LIKE TO stay and get to know, but can't. basically, "goodbye to one girl; next town-Hello to someone else promising; I got to go---again, "...when reality of being on the road hits you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'