'Just Close Your Eyes And Let Me Run Away..'

 

I wish I could have seen the Wes Farrell's face when he'd listened to the demo of this song for the first time. And what he was thinking. About the boy who looked like million dollars, had a fabulous voice and could write such a song, just like that. Not an ordinary teen idol, no. What a shame, the demo no longer exists. 

DC: 'I wrote it in about 5 minutes the day before I was about to go on a tour (..) The song just fell out of me. As soon as I wrote it, I decided I was going to record it. I held on to it. (..) I got a few musicians together, went in this little studio and played the guitar and sang the demo.' (David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever?, 2007)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfkF3QUZhjo

Such a strong ballad, absolutely not worse than any other track on that great album, 'Cherish'. And the lyrics..still so moving, now even more. And I thought about 'Ricky's Tune' yesterday. October 21st, just one month left, and it will be 5 years.

That's a lot of time, even for us, for whom time goes faster than when we were young. The world was different 5 years ago. Completely different, so many things happened..Covid first, and there is still a war behind the Poland's east border, and we have 5,5 million new citizens, our neighbours from Ukraine. Everything has changed. 

5 years. The recording of I Think I Love You took place in May 1970, 4 years later the White City concert, May 1974, in May 1975 David was still working on his first RCA album..

We talk and write about David Cassidy everyday, we often use present tense..So many old articles have such titles like : 'Look Who Is Back!', or 'Cassidy Returns', 'David Comes Out Of Hiding', 'David Cassidy Making A Comeback', 'Cassidy Rides Again', 'David Cassidy Is Back For An Encore'..and even in 1991 - 'David Cassidy Reborn'...Not this time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSIPXr7Ha7g

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'