The Pics

David Cassidy's. Some specific and all of them. But first a song. I can't rid of it today, of course there are some great DC's pics in it, mostly from the teen mags and TPF's albums covers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utV6giIxkcw

There are hundreds of thousands of David Cassidy's photographs. Photographers were always on the set of Partridge Family, shooting the stars of the show for magazines. Of course mostly David, fans bought those mags and cut his pics for..I don't know, maybe millions of scrapbooks. I wonder how many of them still exists.

The 70s was the golden age of teen magazines. And David was the biggest star of them in the first part of the decade, Millions of girls bought those mags. They waited impatiently for a new issue, for new info, but first of all for new David's pics, for new posters with the most beautiful boy ever..

And everywhere he went ..David Cassidy : 'I couldn't go anywhere without signing autographs and having photographs taken. It was overwhelming. (..) I've signed my name thousands and thousands of times over the last 35 years. (..) And I won't just sign my name. I like to personalise every autograph. For one thing, I like to connect with the person, and I don't want to see one more thing of mine on eBay..' (David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever?, 2007)

In that video we can see DC signing his book..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4tPuhFxEcg

We love his pics. We publish and share them on social media. We don't think about copyrights..the temptation is too strong. A new pic is something rather rare, but it happens from time to time and always makes us so happy. We are still like those teens many years ago..

The things we do with those pics. with new technology, photo editors. I can't say I'm a fan of those tribute pics, but of course I understand. This is love. 

But there is one thing I don't like. When someone cuts an old pic leaving only David, and deprives a photo of all context. Sometimes I have luck and someone posts the whole pic, also with the source, date and the info about the place the pic was taken, or even the names of the people with David ..such pics are priceless.

And a few days ago my FB friend Andrea posted those pics, they are probably from 'Superstar' mag, according to my friend Doreen, who is the walking DC encyclopedia. Of course I've seen those pics many times before, but only David was on them..For me, now they are much more interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'