David as Dan..

David Cassidy - Man Undercover. The first episode was aired on November 2, 1978. I'm so happy that during the last 2 years (or less) we've managed to gather more info about that series, also adverts for some of the episodes, press releases, photos from the set. I have my share in it too, I've taken screen shots. It wasn't easy because of bad quality of the videos on the website.

And last but not least, (with Tracey Wright's help) I got from co-writer Jay Gruska, the other, longer, exciting version of the theme song. It should have been a hit..

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/DiscographyPages/HardTimes_J%20Gruska-D%20Cassidy.mp3

Wow, this is amazing, such a quality, like being in the studio with David. His voice so..powerful, mature and sexy. I'm so proud of myself and so grateful. Thank you Jay Gruska.

I've written about David Cassidy-Man Undercover series many times, and like the rest of us I return to it from time to time, even if it's not so easy to watch. Because David once again was used, exploited. In 1974 he was sure he would never play in TV series again. But he was nominated for Emmy for his performance in Police Story, and Dan Shay..that role looked like something just for him.

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/DCManUndercoverAdvert.html

Also because DC was a man undercover himself, so secretive. He talked a lot, but as he said in 1994 - 'No one ever knew what I was doing. My personal life is where I've always been able to pull down the curtain.'. 

He certainly did his best, and in spite of shortcomings of the scripts and apparent desire of the producers to do everything cheaply and quickly, the series is really enjoyable and it's such a shame it was cancelled after just 10 episodes. From time to time I find someone's blog or podcast where the Man Undercover is discussed. Many people remember it and David as Dan Shay,,

DC: 'I'm not playing him as a super macho or very physical. I'm trying to make him vulnerable. I'm not macho enough and I'm not very physical, I don't intend to carry an adventure show...' (November 1978)

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/DCManUndercoverEpisodes.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'