It's a Long Way to Heaven / Mark James

Since Friday I haven't listened to the David Cassidy's songs. A little bit unusual situation for me. Recently I've had no time for reading at all, so on my flight to London instead headphones I took a book. I was very busy in London. The 5th anniversary. Meeting with other DC's fans. Every night after returning to my hotel I went to bed right away. I didn't turn tv on, even once. But of course we all know all David's recordings by heart, and on my way home this song just started playing in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utV6giIxkcw

From 'Crossword Puzzle', the album released in March 1973. The final Partridge Family record to make the album charts, peaked at 167 on Billboard 200, and only for 5 weeks there. Bell Records lost its faith in the group. In 1970, 1971 and 1972 it released as many albums as possible, 7 The Partridge Family's  (including Greatest Hits) and 2 DC's solo albums. As someone wrote :'Bell Records after oversaturating the market with product, chose not to release a US single from 'Crossword Puzzle'. 

This is not my fav TPF's album but there is at least one great song on it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewupI8YlIOo

Another Tony Romeo's masterpiece, and one of the best music scene from the show. They look like a real group there, singing together, Keith, Laurie, Danny, Chris and Tracey..

Some of the songs from Crossword Puzzle were used on episodes, but it didn't help. They were not good enough, and please don't tell me that eg 'Let Your Love Go' (Wes Farrell, Danny Janssen) is a great song. No. It must have been difficult experience for David recording some of them. Of course he did his best, his wonderful voice made such a difference, and besides 'It's A Long Way To Heaven', there is another song which is great bc of his interpretation and his magical voice..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vefm7PiX60Y

AND PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K

the pic - The David Cassidy Official Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'