Seeing David in 'Joseph' by Judy West

I'm always so happy when I can publish a fan's memory, especially with so many interesting details. And so moving and personal. This email from Judy was like a first Christmas present for me this year. Thank you so much Judy West, it's a great pleasure to have your story on my blog xxx 

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TheatrePages/JosephVideo.html

"I never had the opportunity to see David in concert, but I was so happy to hear that he was doing the play, "Joseph, and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" at the Royale Theater in New York! I live in New Jersey, USA, about an hour away from New York City. 

My Aunt Lee, who I was very close with, used to enjoy going to plays. When I asked her if she would like to go to New York with me to see David in "Joseph," I was so happy that she said "Yes"!  We took the train into New York, and took a taxi to the theater. I was so happy and excited that I was going to see David in person! 

We went into the theater to get our tickets. I asked for 2 seats as close as possible to the stage. Since it was getting to be around lunch time, and we still had a couple of hours before we can go to our seats, we walked to an Italian restaurant nearby, where we had our lunch. 

When we got back to the theater, they let us in to get our seats. I was surprised that we were the first 2 people to go in and get our seats. I was also surprised that the theater was much smaller than I imagined. I was so happy that we were in the fifth row!  


When David came on the stage, I was so happy to see him that I smiled so much, that my face hurt! A few ladies screamed, which reminded me of his concerts that I was never able to attend. I clapped for him so much that my hands hurt! When he sang, toward the end of the song, I was the first to start clapping, and the last to stop!

I was SO happy and surprised that when he was wearing his technicolor dreamcoat (it was beautiful!), he came down off the stage, and shook hands with the people in the first row! When he came to shake hands with the people in the first row in front of me, he was only a few feet in front of me! I never dreamed that he would ever come so close to me!

At the end of the show, I felt bad that the audience did not give him a standing ovation, but I stood up for him anyway. A few other ladies did too (his fans, I'm sure).  He deserved it! 

After the show, some of us were waiting outside the theater, waiting to see if David would come out. I was so happy and excited about seeing him in person, that I didn't say much. 

I was surprised that Sharon Brown, who played the Narrator and worked very close with David, came out, and stood right in front of me, signing autographs. She said that David already left, out of a different door. Boo hoo!  I felt like telling her, "You are so lucky to work with David!" but I didn't. I was so happy for her that I just stood there smiling at her. 

I was SO happy to see David that I asked my aunt if we can go to see him in "Joseph" again. She said no, she would rather go to see a different play. Boo hoo! 

I asked my friend Larry from school, who knew I was a big David fan (and he also enjoyed watching the Partridge Family), if he would like to go to see David in "Joseph" with me. I was so happy that he said yes! 

We also took the train into New York, and then took a taxi to the theater. We stopped in the theater to get our tickets. I tried to get tickets in the first row, so that David can shake our hands, but the first row was all sold out. 

Then we went to have lunch. While there, I looked at our tickets. I was so happy to see that we were in the third row this time! 
When David came out on the stage, I was SO happy to see him again! I smiled so much that my face hurt again, and I clapped so much that my hands hurt again! 

When David came down off the stage in his technicolor dreamcoat to shake hands with the people in the first row again, he was only a few feet in front of us again! I was SO happy that he came so close to us again! When David shook hands with the people in the first row, Larry said, "He looks right at them (into their eyes)!" 

At the end of the show, there was no standing ovation again, but I stood up for David again! 


When we went outside the theater after the show, there were a lot of people standing out there this time. And this time David did come out!  He was wearing a nice, black suit that looked very much like the suit he wore on the Merv Griffin Show!  I wonder if that was the same day that he went to be on the Merv Griffin Show right after he did "Joseph"?! 

David was walking very slowly to the limo with his security guard, because there were so many people around him. 

Seeing David in "Joseph" those 2 times were 2 of the happiest days of my life!" 

The pics - The David Cassidy Official Website
 
AND PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!


Comments

  1. Hands down, fan stories are the best! 👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, especially such detailed memories. Her anticipation, and that it wasn't difficult to buy tickets, and the capacity of the theater..I've checked, it was built in 1927, now it has 1.100 seats across 2 levels, and that DC looked in his fans eyes..just amazing to read it.

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this . Thanks for sharing x Sharron x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'