'A Solid Movie For David'

It's Christmas and I'm writing a new entry. Crazy. Not exactly, because in Poland the most important is Christmas Eve, and yesterday my house was full of laughter, young and old members of my family so happy to spend that time together. I'm so blessed, I know.

But I've also returned with a cold from my holiday. When I was in Antalya to see The Aquarium (btw it was awful, a big prison especially for those poor sharks), anyway, that day was sunny but it was also a very cold wind. 

So today I'm left alone in my room and I'm watching tv and writing about David. We still miss him. We, his fans. We'd have loved to know he was happy and healthy, spending Christmas with his family...

Wish you were here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00eV8n-LtQY

I'm doing something for the website and reading old newspapers' articles. There are some great ones from 1971,  thoughtful and written with a sympathy for a young teen idol. Btw it's so important  to have all articles, (and all kinds of them), on the website. To have the full picture so to speak. For all the fans to have the opportunity to read them, also for those who are not on social media. 

Don Lechman talked with DC during a break on the set of The Partridge Family. It was the episode filmed in Marineland (of the Pacific, in California). His article was published on several newspapers in December 1971. He wrote :'What is David Cassidy really like? Very warm and friendly, he is 21, but looks 16 and talks more like 30.'

The author was sure that David would succeed, not only as a teen idol, not only because of his looks : 'He has shown extraordinary ability as an actor and who knows where his singing may lead to.'

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/InPrintPages/News1971Dec05TheLimaNews.pdf

Even in the article about the business of being a teen idol, about teenage market and new fortunes made because of David, I think the author also believed that the transition was possible. 'They (the DC's agents) already are casting about for a solid movie that will challenge Cassidy's acting ability and elevate him from the teenybopper level..'

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/InPrintPages/News1971Dec19_Honolulu_Star_Bulletin.pdf

But nothing came of it..

And THE PETITION..Sharron has written in the updates of it : The Season of Giving. Yes, it needs just a couple of minutes to sign or share the petition. For David xxx

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K

The pic - The David Cassidy Official Website


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'