'Can't Stop Dreaming About You..'

I hope DC never heard this song. Or his friends. I can imagine Steve Ross, Sam Hyman and Henry Diltz (for example) singing him : 'Daavvviddd'..The title was 'David, Donny and Michael', wrote by Laurice Marshall (probably). Anyway I've thought about it, because today is  Donny (Donald) Osmond's  birthday. 

But be careful, I've listened to it once in the morning, and I'm singing all day long..'Can't stop dreaming about you..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCjnepKPMZg

It's easy to laugh, and actually I laughed a lot when I listened to it for the first time a few years ago, but not today. They are not with us anymore, Michael, and first of all David, and Donny is 65. And I've also thought how difficult it was for David, that he, a grown up man, was lumped together as a teen idol with those much younger boys. Because in 1972 it was a huge age difference, DC was 22, Donny 15, and Michael Jackson even younger. 

David or Donny ? That was a serious question 50 years ago. Their fans never left them. In this amazing video you can see David talking about 1972, and he and Donny about their career and being teen idols

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRoVsjWpke0&t=5s

Poland was a communist country when I was a teen, and teen idols weren't for Polish boys and girls, we didn't have teen mags etc, but actually I remember Donny's 'Puppy Love' and first of all his younger brother's hit, you know, about long haired lover from Liverpool, both songs were often played on our radio, but I can't remember the David's hits. I really don't know why. Someone obviously didn't like him..

Donny Osmond, I can't say I know his music, he doesn't have David's voice, if I can put it this way, but of course he is a very talented, very hardworking artist, a real professional, a great star, known all around the world, and once David and Donny played together on stage. It was 30 years ago. American Bandstand 40th Anniversary Special. 

Happy Birthday Donny Osmond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwzlk94Fgqw



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'