Come Away with Me / Norah Jones

I'm still on my holiday, leaving early morning tomorrow. The best hotel I've ever been, it's only because it's out of season that I could afford it. I don't know why it was so cheap, the food alone I managed to eat costed more than I paid for a week there..
Amazing place, Turkish Riviera, near Side. You can forget about everything really. 

I spent a lot of time at the beach caffee, there were great tables and comfortable chairs, so I was soaking in the rays (as DC used to say), reading and listening to the music. Even the music which was played there wasn't bad actually. But of course with each and every song I thought about DC..

'Chicago' - 'Hard to Say I'm Sorry', and me, 'DC played 'Beginnings' in the 70s', 'Cherish - Kool and the Gang, you know what I've thought..so it was like that, Norah Jones, I read somewhere how DC'd liked her. And I thought what a great title it would have been for a book about David and us, his fans..Come Away with Me. 

But there was one song which brought tears to my eyes, because I've always avoided listening to it, it was so painful, 'Tears In Heaven'. I have a daughter the same age as was Eric Clapton's son. So this time I haven't thought about the Clapton's songs performed by DC, but left my chair and went for a walk..

Is it possible so many years passed?, we keep forgetting. And I thought about people who died in 2022, those important for the DC story we write about. Lady Montagu, Ken Mansfield..who knows that he died in November. A DC's producer in the 70s, he wrote such nice words about David in his book. Or David Birney, that lucky rival, a Meredith's husband. He died in April. And I thought that maybe I should add another page for my blog. With biographies..Maybe

"Come away with me and I'll write you a song.." (Norah Jones)

https://youtu.be/lbjZPFBD6JU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'