'David Cassidy : Teenage Dream' and 'The Partridge Family'

 

Two great documentaries, both were first aired in December. The first one in 1998,  the other, 20 years ago.

Why write about them at all? We've all seen those videos many times. Yes, of course..but I've been doing sth for the website today, about the DC's tv guest appearances in December, through the years, btw we still don't have a lot of programs, and so many times there is incomplete date or info. Sometimes it's just a title, nothing more. But that's the way it is. 

So I've been browsing, checking info, and ..instead doing something useful I started watching. E.g. I've completely forgotten about that DC's performance. On December 8th, 1997. The Billboard Music Awards.

That year the most popular were Spice Girls, Celine, Britney, Backstreet Boys, Toni Braxton to name a few, They performed live during the Awards, also David Cassidy. He sang I Think I Love You, and the audience loved his performance. He didn't get any award, but the ceremony was at the..MGM Arena in Las Vegas, so DC was at home, and I have an info that on that day he also performed in ..EFX. I don't know if it was possible, but who knows..

.http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1997BillboardAwards.html

'David Cassidy : Teenage Dream', great BBC doc, first aired on December 12, 1998. This doc was  made with love, the script, the pics, videos, but first of all people who talked about David. Famous fans, among them Jill Dando, who was murdered just a few months later, in April 1999. She was only 37. And friends. And David himself was talking about the experience of being a teen idol. Yes, he was every school girl fantasy.

Quite by accident, and it was a real miracle, I saw this doc when it was first aired, on that December evening, 24 years ago. I just can't decribe my feelings, Everything was new for me, every single pic or archive footage, everything, I understood maybe a half of what DC was talking..but that was something incredible, an unforgettable experience.

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1998Dec12_David_Cassidy_Teenage_Dream.html

And 'The Partridge Family' doc, on TVography (A&E), first aired on December 2, 2002. Without David commenting, but I've watched it with a great pleasure today, even that some archive footage didn't match comment (if I can put it this way). And a nice surprise, 2 or 3 pics I've never seen before.

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/2002Dec2_TVography.html

The screenshot- The Official David Cassidy Website

AND PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'