The Show Must Go On

It was hard to find an appropriate title for today's entry. 'David Cassidy a real workaholic'..'My First Night Alone Without You'..'One Night Stand' or 'We Gotta Get Out Of This Place'..

December, such a difficult and meaningful month for David Cassidy. Both his parents died that month, Jack on December 12th, 1976; Evelyn on 23rd, 10 years ago.  David divorced his first wife, Kay Lenz at the end of December, in 1983. DC : 'I was rather lost, feeling quite depressed over the divorce from Kay and the loss of my friendship with her.' It was such a great love story, but without a good ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS32TrVNUY8

This is amazing, scary even, how hard he worked in December. Mostly on stage. 

In December 1983 as Joseph in 'Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' at the O'Keife Center in Toronto, and later with the same show, at the Heinz Hall in Pittsburgh.

In December 1995 in the UK, in 'Blood Brothers'. At the Bristol Hippodrome (since 13 November), and from December 12 at the Phoenix Theatre, in London.

In this video we can see David outside the Phoenix Theatre, in 1995. I was there only 10 days ago..

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1995DecLondonTonight.html

 While at Bristol DC switched on the Bristol Christmas lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0n_FdKAodc&t=65s

In December 1996, 1997 and 1998 each evening performing in EFX, also on New Year's Eve, he performed 10 shows a week, and his last performance was actually on December 31, 1998.

DC : "The stage was made of steel. That caused nerve damage in my left foot. Towards the end of the run, after about 1500 performances. I injured my foot so badly that the doctor began giving me cortisone shots between my toes, which was excruciating..' (David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever?, 2007)

Do you know that cortisone shots shouldn't be injected for pain, and they should be used with great caution because of the side effects, and last but not least they are very painful. I know, I've got it once, only once and I will never forget this experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ynTbvyQr0

In December 2000 he starred as Johnny Flamingo in At The Copa, at the Rio Hotel, in Las Vegas. 

He didn't play many concerts in December, but yesterday I read an amazing fan review, with really outstanding pics from the concert David played on December 3, 2003.

 http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/ConcertPages/2003December5.html

This list could be longer..Why he worked so hard?

And PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K

the pic - Chip Deffaa


Comments

  1. Hi Weronika, thank you for sharing this. I didn't know that David did "Joseph" in Toronto and Pittsburgh after New York! That is so great that he helped to turn the Christmas tree lights on in Bristol, UK in 1995! I would have never known that the EFX stage was made of steel! I feel so bad that David had nerve damage in his left foot, which gave him so much pain, that he had to have cortisone shots between his toes, which was so painful too! That must have been so horrible! I wonder if they helped his pain? I never knew that cortisone should not be injected for pain. Do you know why, and what the side affects are? I have heard that whenever he performed, whether on stage, in concert, or on TV, he always gave his all. I noticed that while seeing him perform in "Joseph." I feel so bad that he kept performing in EFX, even when he had so much pain. I feel that he really sacrificed a lot for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing Tana's story and pictures of David's concert in Fayetteville, NC! That was so wonderful of her husband to drive her and her daughter about 7 hours each way, for them to see David! I am so glad that her daughter got "all better," so that they did not have to cancel seeing David! I really love the pictures that Tana shared with us, too! I really love the beautiful red shirt that he wore, too! I believe that David worked so hard because he enjoyed making us happy. I have heard that he felt really bad when he had to cancel a concert or show, because he was too sick to perform. He was so sad that he had to disappoint so many of us when he had to cancel a concert or show. I believe that he was happiest when he was performing on stage for us, and seeing the joy on our faces gave him much more happiness than we will ever know. Thank you so very much again for doing this blog for David and us, and for sharing so many wonderful facts, stories, pictures, and videos of David with us! This is such a wonderful way to keep him with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments Judy❤️DC worked too much..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'