The Year Of The Daydreamer

It's impossible not to think about the end of the year, and I'm again surprised that not many days left to another Christmas. And so many things to do. My calendar for the next year has already started to fill up. But who knows what the future brings. Anyway one thing is certain, 2023 will be The Year Of The Daydreamer' (at least for me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EANv9_fwmmU

Syon Park. I was there too, like David, only 45 years later, in August 2018. An amazing experience, in that deserted park nothing, absolutely nothing has changed since 1973. We were standing in silence, the five of us, like we were waiting for David to appear and start walking like in this video. We felt his presence. Of course it's easy to explain, at the time we were still so sad because of his passing, talked about him a lot..Yes, I know, but I always feel his presence when I'm in London..

As we know DC wasn't very impressed by that song, even that he knew it would be a great hit. It was the only one song he didn't choose himself for his solo album, 'Dreams Are Nuthin' More Than Wishes', realeased in October 1973.

He 'performed' Daydreamer on Top Of The Pops, the 500th edition. And that performance..he looked just incredible and he knew about it, and what was expected from him and what fans wanted to see.  Liz Jones  wrote in 2012 :

'I've just watched again DC's 1973 performance of 'Daydreamer', filmed on the tarmac of Heathrow. (..) Seeing it all, the old feelings of desire come flooding back : Whoosh!!. You can see why, the breathlessness of his singing, the hooded eyes, the almost trancelike state he is in are so blatantly sexual as to be almost obscene. As a child I didn't realise I was being manipulated, as those long lashes and coquettish smirks groomed me into buying his records, the only part of him I could get my hands on..' Daily Mail, November 25, 2012)

There is a very rare color video of that DC's performance on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQrSAyNpirk

He retired 8 months later. He didn't want to be a teen idol any longer. The song was a great hit and fans used to sing 'Daydreamer' with David, when he started touring again, after 2000.

 He was a daydreamer..

And PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'