'I'm not cut out for show business..'

Sometimes we hear or read something, don't think about it much, forget it actually, and suddenly, out of the blue remembers it, and such a thing has happened to me today.

Truly speaking it was only yesterday when I read an article posted, I think on the FB group called 'The Partridge Family..Get On The Bus'. It was a short interview with DC, probably from 1974, I read it, even took a screen shot (I'm thinking about a book about DC so I gather info), and forget about it. Just another interview in which DC was asked what he was going to do after leaving the show. 

Maybe a song first, I've been listening to the DC's 2nd solo album in my car today..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMcMSGkPWtM

It was more than half a century ago, and David still looks just sensational. If this video had been made in 2023...An epitome of a rock star. Timeless.

And while walking today I suddenly have thought about something DC said in that interview :

'I've come to the realization that I'm not cut out for show business. I like to sing but show business does not fit into my life style.' What did he mean ? Of course when I listened to the Elliot Mintz' tapes it was obvious that DC was so disillusioned with show business, we could sense his boredom, the realisation that maybe he was wrong that he'd wanted such a career. His indifferent tone of voice when he was talking about his concerts or people he worked with. Elliot Mintz had to repeat the same questions again to get at last some info.

But you can't really retire when you are 24 years old. 

When asked what he would do, David answered : 'I think I might like to rise horses - thoroughbreds and maybe race them.' He told the same in that interview from May 1974, with Michael Barratt. Btw. Michael Barratt died last year at the age of 94.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDwBtL18y0U

Did DC really want to give up everything? For horses ? I don't know.  But all his life  he was the  happiest when in Saratoga Springs. With his horses. It was as he wrote in his autobiography, 'a deep passion'. We all know about it. 

THE PETITION..1324

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'