Sheltered In Your Arms / Reed Vertelney, John Pagano and David Cassidy

It was hard to write something yesterday, find words. A fellow David Cassidy's fan died.

Diane Marowelli. My FB friend and I don't have many. We've never exchanged messages. She's never commented my posts and the same was with me. I've read hers and watched videos, she was a proud grandma..Recently Diane was so happy again. She wasn't a real friend, like some others met on social media have become, but her unexpected death was a shock yesterday. She died in her sleep. 

I'm sad, and I've thought about that song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnydTbPTkuU

From 'Old Trick, New Dog' released in May 1998 by the DC's own short-lived record label. It's difficult to understand how David found time to record this album. At the time  he still was performing in 'EFX'. Again  he was working too much and  too hard, and again was on the verge of a nervous breakdown..

'During this period I was totally overwhelmed. My personal life and my relationship with my wife were also suffering. I worked all day. I worked all night. For two and a half year I didn't get home until one or two in the morning.' (David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever?, 2007)

The album is wonderful. I'm a great fan of the new versions of 'I Can Feel Your Heartbeat', 'I Think I Love You' and 'I Woke Up In Love This Morning'. So many singers would have been tempted to record their old hits the same way,  but not David. He was always true to himself. 

'I'm not redoing these songs because I feel some obligation or pressure to them. I'm doing them because I really love the songs. (..) It's the same guy singing, but from a different place.'

'Sheltered  In Your Arms' wrote with two young American musicians, it's my fav song from this album. Of course his vocals are wonderful on each and every track, but I think this one song is the most personal, we can hear his  emotions, sadness and pain, he sounds so vulnerable...

Rest In Peace Diane..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9nAi4jJU1M


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'