Daydream / John Sebastian

When I was going on holiday several days ago, I didn't feel very happy. Writing about the last years of David Cassidy's life wasn't easy, and I really felt sad and nothing made me cheerful. I didn't have high hopes that the holidays would change anything.

My dear friend Pauline, wishing me a nice trip, told me that while in Greece, I should write a short story. About a girl who meets there David Cassidy, they spent an afternoon together, that they both held dear over the years..I laughed a little bit when I read this, but already on my way to Samos I started to think about it. Daydreaming..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZBBMTrjSig

Every day is good for dreaming about David. His version of The Lovin' Spoonful's hit is really extraordinary, his voice warm, dreamy but when it needed strong, and full of passion, hope or joy. Amazing, I love it, and I think it's more interesting than the original. John Sebastian is (he was born in 1944) a wonderful songwriter, he also wrote 'Do You Believe In Magic' and co-wrote 'Summer in the City', but David Cassidy was one in a kind great singer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU8COHUrGi0

Meeting David Cassidy..And actually we have quite a lot of such real stories, of people who met David, and spent some wonderful time with him, just having a conversation, talking about ordinary things. Like a boy who played with his pet turtle and met David in the park. It was in 1973 and the boy recognized DC who asked him to not freak out, and told him how when a kid himself he'd brought frogs home..

Or I've read once one man's memories, who around 1979 met David standing in line at the bank. And they started talking. The man wrote how David was so interesting to talk to, and so nice and kind. So normal. Or those three girls who saw DC in 'Little Johnny Jones', and after the show met him and Sam at the bar opposite the theatre. They started talking but it was really late and David insisted that because guards at the undergroung car park had already gone home, he and Sam would walk them to their car. and they did it, and waited until they saw them in the car and were sure they drove out safely..He was tired, a huge star..

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1981MervGriffinShow.html

So while on the beach Ive been thinking about that short story. About a girl who met David Cassidy, but not in Greece, but in Rome in January 1972, because he was really there, and it happened that I was in Rome in January too, not exactly at the same time, it was in 1980, but I know the city quite well. And they met at the park..After a few days of swimming, and dreaming I suddenly felt that my sadness left me, and I was happy again. Thank you Pauline xxx And David Cassidy of course xxx

And the short story... It's not ready yet..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'