David Cassidy on 'Alive And Well'


A song first. I've been searching for something showing David's fitness, we know what he could do on stage in the 70s.  He was also in great shape in the 90s. In many articles from 1990 and 1991 we can read that he still was a heartthrob material, and didn't look his age..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRiYz4oSzMw

I've thought about it for personal reasons, let's say that being fit in spite of many health problems is very important for me at this phase of my life. For David Cassidy being fit was essential, a part of his job, we also know he had a lot of health problems and injuries during his career. And I've thought about this interview we have on the DC Official Website. 

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1981AliveAndWell.html

I think David didn't feel very comfortable during that conversation, or he couldn't concentrate, his wonderful laugh ..a little bit strained and too much. The interview looks like it wasn't very well prepared. The things David said, that he was 21 when they did the pilot for TPF and the series lasted for 5 years. Not a word about his RCA albums. Of course it was interesting what he said how he stayed in good shape, tap lessons, riding a bike, about his injuries..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuQf_RP4ghs

Oh yes, you must be fit to perform like that every single evening.

And one other thing. 

The David Cassidy Official Website is a wonderful, huge and great library, a place where we can find everything about David Cassidy, his career and his life. But..maybe it's time to enhance some videos, there are such programs. In the case of this interview some additional information could be added in my opinion, to understand more what was going on there. 

Alive & Well, what kind of program it was, I've read a little bit so I know why this interview was recorded outside. Why David couldn't really concentrate. It was 40 years ago, and I think even some American fans don't remember it..
It was a two-hour daily program, in general focused on healthy living, and David before that interview had..aerobics with Kathy Smith who, (as I've read) was young and pretty aerobics coach.
And the date. Not 1981, but 1982. David said during this interview that he just had his 32nd birthday. Sorry but once librarian always librarian ..I will not change. 

Of course, it's such an enormous task to have everything right, mistakes are unavoidable, we all should inform Jane if we spot something, and most interviews, videos have a date and additional info. Like this one, one of my favourites from the 70s.

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1977Dec16_90MinutesLive.html



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'