Like Father, Like...Daughter

First a song, today something so special, Tony Romeo's. One of the most memorable music scene from The Partridge Family. Great DC's performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewupI8YlIOo

Families..I try not to write about David Cassidy's private life, but we can't understand him, what kind of man he had become, the choices he made, without knowing if only the most important things about his family. And what a family it is.

He was born for showbusiness and as a kid and a teenager he never thought about other career. It was the only life he knew. From very early age he also knew that for any actor his own career was the most important thing. More than a family.  
And I can absolutely relate to this. We can call it destiny, fate..whatever. In my family everyone had an academic or scientific career. We read ..less talked. We always looked for answers in books. In my home books were everywhere and I could read fluently when I was 5. It was only when I graduated from The Warsaw University (like every single member of my family, including all my uncles, aunts and cousins), that I thought that maybe I would have loved to do something different, and that books couldn't give you all answers...

David Cassidy in 1974 was so disillusioned with show business that he seriously thought about quitting it. Of course he was famous, had a lot of money but he regreted doing the show, he didn't like how being a teen idol had changed him. And everything was so boring..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F__G0U8GmrM

Why I'm writing about this today? Because I watched yesterday the first 20 minutes of the new Katie Cassidy's film, called 'A Royal Christmas Crush'. I couldn't watch more. It was really..not good. Katie was so much better than any other person on the set of this film. She was also tense and there was something so familiar about her. I don't know if I can find right words. A certain vulnerability? It was painful to watch, I wish her the best.

Here is David, as he was in his mid-30s, like his daughter is now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTEqTnDwwnA


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'