Our Teen Idols

First one more time, '..can't stop dreaming about you..', but we love only one of them..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCjnepKPMZg

Bobby Sherman had birthday yesterday, He is 80 now, I didn't hear about him when I was a teen, in the late 60s when he was the most popular I was too young, and besides American teen idols weren't good enough for us, couldn't be role models for teens in a communist country. Of course we had our Polish pin up boys, but my own first idol was English, and very, very old. I think I was 12 when I fell in love with Paul McCartney, his music, voice, eyes. My dad was just 6 months older than him. 

David singing Paul McCartney. A masterclass for anyone who would like to become a rock star or a teen idol. The timeless David Cassidy's performance..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsuhi6UnX-k

Later was Eric Stewart from 10cc, another Englishman, a little bit younger (born in 1945). The last one was in undercover, because at the time I had very cool friends, who listened to progressive rock, and I would have died first than had told them that I really liked one of those guys. He still looks good. Stuart Wood of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoXJx1dDklc

But I never had any posters on my walls in the 70s, besides at 18 I was working, studying, fighting regime and going to marry. Now of course I have many David's pics..everywhere.

Bobby Sherman, the David's predecessor as the reigning American number 1 teen idol. 7 years age difference between them, I wonder when they'd really met. Bobby Sherman's career began with a friendship with Sal Mineo..Sal wrote songs for him, and Bobby performed with the Sal's band during some very important parties. Everybody knew each other in Hollywood. When David was a teen idol he said in some interviews that he didn't want to end like Bobby Sherman, he wanted to be a respected artist..

Robert Cabot Sherman resigned from showbusiness in the late 70s, he became a paramedic and a deputy sheriff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcvR80bRJhE

the screenshot - The David Cassidy Official Website


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'