Rock Me Baby or Writing About David Cassidy

First a song. This one  is playing in my head today, Madonna was really good, but David Cassidy..Just listen to the lyrics, isn't that song about him? Who could say..'no'. No one I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBqK_BP1jis

Amazing. 

I have a good FB friend, Laurie Eby, she is a wonderful person and I appreciate her friendship and kindness very much. She always writes comments about my blogs, and they make me think and inspire me. She is every bloger dream reader, very kind and eager to praise, what's more she also has her own strong opinions on DC as a man and an artist, and she can write about it in very interesting way. A few times she's asked how I find time to write new entries so often. 

A song. For Laurie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AK5AQzoRG4

It's true that like every happily retired person, I'm extremely busy. I have a lot of responibilities, friends and hobbies. Always more work ahead of me than behind me, I'm grateful for it, life is exciting with new challenges. But every day there are things, not so exciting, but unavoidable. Cooking, waiting for a medical visit, pruning and cutting (and I have a big garden), doing exercise (my knee) etc..And while doing those boring chores I usually start thinking about something I've read on FB or on the Website, and a new entry is ready. 

Today about fan fiction. Of course this is something so popular, all over the world, there are many kinds of it, fan fiction even has own terminology, for example my short stories about DC belong to category called RPF - Real Person Fiction. Fans write books about fictional adventures of real people. Like popular writer Anna Todd for whom the inspiration was Harry Styles.

And I've thought about it because yesterday I read fragment of a book written by a woman who had or thought that she had, a short relationship with DC. At first I didn't want to read it but..curiosity killed the cat. It serves me right, because it was awful. It made me laugh, was so naive, but first of all it was so awfully written, a harlequin kind or even worse. I could have written better myself, really. 

And it also has made me think about Rock Me Baby..."You better hold me while you can..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG0hjhwKx5s


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'