Take It To The Limit / Randy Meisner, Don Henley, Glen Frey

David Cassidy's voice. So distinctive, soulful, breathy..magical. When he was young his voice was so sincere and moving, full of hope and joy when he sang 'Could It Be Forever?', or despair with 'My First Night Alone Without You', because only young people feel emotions so deeply, and a heartbreak is like the end of the world. Now when we listen to those songs they make us think about the time when we were young too. 

Later  his voice kept changing with passing years, it was deeper, mature, but for me it didn't lose that magic to the end.

I can't explain why, but I love the most the DC's voice  when he was in his late 20s and early 30s.  When I listen to David singing the songs he recorded in 1978, or those from 'The Partridge Family/Three Sons Reunion, the theme song from 'Man Undercover' or 'Any Dream Will Do' ..I know I would follow that voice everywhere, I can't describe it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkM6skKUD04&t=15s

What a shame that when his voice was so outstanding, at its best (for me), he didn't released an album. He tried, recorded some songs in 1978, which were released in another time, and without his permission, and again in the early 80s, but nothing came of it. He also sang some backing vocals for his friends, in 1978 on Richie Furay's album called 'Dance A Little Light' and Randy Meisner self-titled record...  

Like the rest of music fans all over the world, I've learnt in the morning that Randy Meisner has died. I've known for a few years that he was very ill, I've been a Poco and The Eagles fan since the 70s, watching his pics or videos with him have been painful recently. That's life and we can't do anything about it.

However we can listen to this wonderful song and think about Randy and  David as they were in 1978...

'..take it to the limit one more time..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcC7eXekzyM

Randall Herman Meisner March 8, 1946 - July 26, 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'