'Which '70s Heartthrob Posed Nude For..'

I've wanted to write today about the article from New York Times. It was published yesterday with the title. "Yes, Shaun Cassidy Is Still Dreamy".

Written by a Shaun's fan of course, her name Lily Burana, she had a big crush on him at school, and after many years recently attended his concert. David has been mentioned too, just a few words; a half-brother, a teen idol before Shaun, died of liver failure. And that Shaun paid a moving tribute to him. That's all. 

The article is first of all about nostalgia and whether is good or bad that we still care about our old idols. I've never thought about Shaun Cassidy as being dreamy, Or that he had a great voice. I've never been his fan. Maybe because for me he wasn't dreamy like his older half brother..

And when I've returned home after my daily knee rehabilitation, a very nice surprise was waiting for me, something which has made me smile even before I opened the package from America. Btw I'm a very well known at our local post office, receiving and sending letters and parcels to and from the UK, and now also to and from the USA. And it's all because of David Cassidy. 

'Never been much for writin'..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP6HtTcYXuE

I've got a present from my special FB friend, Mary Anthony. It's really amazing how many wonderful people I've met because of David. Me getting post from America. And Mary has seen that magazine at a store and bought for herself and for me. And she has posted it, which always takes some money and time. It is so wonderful and heartwarming, those friendships we've made, we David Cassidy's fans. This is such an amazing part of his legacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFCpbdtwQac.

TV Guide Magazine's Puzzler, with 1970s TV Crushes. On the cover among the other stars of that era is also David, his iconic image..hair, smile and pukka shells. And the first quiz, Ultimate Challenge, with that question, 'Which '70s heartthrob posed nude for Rolling Stone magazine in 1972?'

There are also The Partridge Family 5 Letters, TPF Word Sudoku and impressive TPF Criss Cross.  Yes, David Cassidy has been stuck forever in that moment in time, the early 70s, and nothing will change it.

However I like what they have written about him, '..as the family's teenage lead singer, Keith, David Cassidy defined being a heartthrob both onscreen and off. With good looks, charm and commanding stage presence, he not only adorned fan magazines during the show's four-season run, but also became an international superstar with solo albums and sold-out concert venues..' So true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'