David Cassidy Annual 1975 at The Children's Country House At Sudbury

 

Today is another 21st, let's start with a song..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We_T5LPBuFM

I have watched this video many times and each time I'm so impressed and so emotional. What an amazing performer David Cassidy was. And his voice..

Yesterday a fan posted a pic from the page of The Children's Country House at Sudbury NT (National Trust). Sudbury Hall is a 17th country house in Derbyshire. On the pic we can see a showcase with some building blocks and..David Cassidy Annual 1975. And it was written, "If you didn't go weak at the knees for Donny Osmond, chances were you swooned over David Cassidy! Look out for this book in the Toys Gallery." 

It was posted on April 12, 2011, and the House since then has been renovated and was opened again in 2022, the museum is very modern now and, "celebrates the history of childhood". I don't know if David Cassidy Annual 1975 is still there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuwVS2DqhzE

David Cassidy at a children's museum..Of course it shows how he was important for the whole generation in the UK, girls and boys born in the late 50s and early 60s of the last century. He was a houshold name, in 1973 it was enough to write even in national press just his first name and everybody knew what the article was about. 

I'm sure David Cassidy is more remembered in the UK than in his native country. And what's more Shaun is better remembered than him in America. There is a Billboard chart with the most popular holiday songs ever, and 'Da Doo Ran Ran' is still on the list. 

When I applied for an American visa in 2018 (we don't need them now thanks to the previous American president), I had to meet with a consul at the American embassy in Warsaw. When he asked me why I wanted to go to the USA, I answered, "Because of David Cassidy". The look on his face, he was so surprised, but tried..

"Cassidy..Cassidy..I know!! Shaun!'
"No, the other one.'
"The other one?"
"David"
"David..David..Aaaaa.. The Partridge Family. I used to watch it..but I was a small kid!"

This time I was surprised. He looked so old. But he was right, it was many years ago and .."there is nothin' any man can do" about it..



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robyn Millan

'He Was So Pretty You Couldn't Look Away..'

We Gotta Get Out Of This Place / Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil