Take This Heart / David Cassidy, Gerry Beckley

Gerry Beckley, "I really enjoyed writing with David. They say everyone has one novel in them, but to make a career out of it is a far different thing. David is across the board, he's capable of doing lyrics and music. He's a great piano player, a good guitar player, a nice lyricist and he's got a great voice." (David Cassidy : 'Could It Be Forever ?, 2007, p. 326).

What a shame David stopped playing piano in later years. He enjoyed writing with Gerry Beckley too, it was so wonderful to work with people whom he trusted, who became his friends. He wasn't just a singer anymore, someone who had to record what he was told to do. 

He wrote about recording 'Home Is Where the Heart Is' album : "I had my friends around me, people I felt really comfortable working with. They were working with me as contributors, not just as musicians for hire. We were devoloping the stuff together and it was a really creative time for me." (David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever ?, 2007, p.325)

We can hear this creativity when we listen to that outstanding, wonderful album, we can feel that joy of writing and performing great music together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f9gxQ8ZV90

Someone has written a comment about David Cassidy's three RCA albums, : ''They were underrated and need a revival!" Short and to the point.

I've thought about 'Home Is Where The Heart Is' because on Thursday, two days ago,  Henry Diltz published an unknown photograph from that album's recording sessions. The original album had several photos on the inner sleeve and a poster with pictures and handwritten liner notes. Yes..the DC's handwriting could have been a challenge, but we are very lucky, because Doreen Walker from David Cassidy Great Britain Legacy Group (and my not only FB friend), did something extraordinary for all the DC's fans. Here is her transcript of David's liner notes. Reading them..it's one in a kind experience. Makes me smile and sad at the same time. Thank you Doreen.

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/DiscographyPages/HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs_LinerNotes.html

And the new pic..It's fabulous and I just can't describe my feelings. I have been 'America' fan for 50 years, and seeing Dewey Bunnell, Gerry Beckley and David Cassidy together it's always so moving for me. And David so happy..I even thought yesterday that maybe Henry Diltz shouldn't have posted it, because David Cassidy didn't select this pic for his album's sleeve. Maybe because it was too personal. 

The photograph, Henry Diltz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'