I Lost My Chance . Meet and Greet with DC

From David Cassidy's first solo album, one more ballad written by mysterious Adam Miller. David asking this girl to stay, 'So please don't go.." How anyone could have left him. Of course we know who.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWxlrioMjx0

DC sang it so effortlessly. Keith Atack must have thought the same. His excuse may be the fact that he was very young at the time, and very popular with girls..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPuojilk8qA

We love you Keith. Sorry for posting this.

I've thought about this song in the morning after chatting with one of my FB friends from England. Helen couldn't see David Cassidy in Manchester in 1973, she was too young and her father didn't let her go. Her dream came true many years later and after nearly 36 years she not only saw David in concert, but first of all took part in that amazing event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq5FJwGuLoE&t=23s

It's difficult to believe but I first heard about an event called 'meet-and-greet', when I became serious DC fan, in 2018. Of course it's not only about fans meeting with their favourite artist. Anyway, it was something new for me. Today my FB friend has told me how this meeting with David looked like. There were about 200 people and only one David. So it was just a couple of minutes for a fan. 

What can you say in such circumstances..My name is..You were my first crush..I still love you (and your music)..You have no idea what it means to me (he had). And a hug. A kiss. A pic. Good bye. Thank you.

Helen said DC was very tired, but very professional and charming, didn't say much, he was listening, wanted to save his voice. He had concerts to perform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbD_rekN8e4

Of course this meeting wasn't for free. On the contrary, quite expensive, but it was worth it. She said she hadn't done anything like that before or since. Really once in a lifetime experience. Wonderful and meaningful, even if a little bit surreal.

I've been trying all day long imaging myself taking part in such an event. Forget about money..but to be one of so many, waiting for a few minutes of just being close to DC, looking into his eyes, have a hug..I don't know. Now it's too late. I lost my chance..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'