Lookin' For A Good Time / Wes Farrell, Danny Janssen and Bobby Hart

Are you?  'Don't ya catch you round here no more..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OmAJJdMnoU&t=70s

This song has been playing in my head today. Anytime I've wanted to start writing a new entry. About David and Elliot Mintz. And the tapes. I have so many things to do before going to the UK, but it's been too tempting, like for the boy in this song, 'Then a midnight lady with eyes of green', in my case David and his pic.

Lanie Bray posted yesterday some great pics, DC with Elliot Mintz, and among them there was one unknown to me, from a party. Really nice pic. There were a lot of handsome, pretty boys in the 70s, teen idols like David, but he was in league of his own. There was something so special about him. That's the way it is with you..David.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67r7lLTUxfA&list=RD67r7lLTUxfA&start_radio=1

I've noticed of course (and read), that Lanie Bray besides posting pics also wrote about David, Elliot and the tapes.

The tapes. Do you know that the video with this conversation has nearly 100k hits? That's impressive, so many people listened to it. And I was one of the first. When Elliot Mintz announced that he was going to publish the tapes, as he called it, 'David Cassidy in his own words', I suscribed to his channel, listened to other conversations, (that was very interesting, I learnt a lot about Elliot), and waited. That's the link to his announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTCWKVVargs&t=156s

Elliot Mintz. Older than DC, when they met David was 19, Elliot 24, that was a significant difference. They became neighbours at Laurel Canyon. This young, beautiful boy, an actor, who started appearing on known TV shows, and a very popular journalist, underground radio DJ and host. Elliot knew everybody. He was politically engaged. Smart and sophisticated. A public relation man. His first client was Bobby Sherman. He could talk and listen. It's obvious that he became a special David's friend, an authority. He introduced DC to John Lennon. David took Elliot to Europe with him, in 1973. Amazing recording, those screaming girls, terrifing..DC so tired, in pain even..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kO1zF79UqQ&t=326s

So the day came, it was nearly 4 years ago, in December, I made myself a lot of coffee and started listening. It was fascinating. Engaging. Mesmerising. The sound of waves. It was like walking with them and listening. Being again in that special moment of his life. David's voice, so indifferent when he was talking about his career.  Suddenly so many things became understandable..That was amazing.

Did Elliot manipulate David? He knew how to make him talk. There was one fragment I didn't listen to. I started and skipped. I couldn't. It was like reading someone's very private diary. Elliot Mintz shouldn't have published that fragment.

I think we have heard enough and I hope Elliot Mintz will not publish more. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtNW8h6gPjA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'