Love Is A River In Time

 

Oh yes, it is..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXnQABJ9NAE

Written by Andrew Gold and Sue Shifrin, Yes, the same Sue, so please think twice before writing something unpleasant about her career..

My song for today, so powerful and emotional, the lyrics and the David's voice and his vocal range.. I've thought about it because my oldest daughter was in Las Vegas last night. She is not a DC fan, when after November 2017 David's pics started appearing on my bedroom's walls she was rather critical at first, she couldn't understand why the late teen idol from the 70s became suddenly so important for her mother. Now she knows. She started her trip a few days ago in LA, and wanted to know where DC lived there..later Big Sur, and yesterday Las Vegas. She's asked where the Star is situated. And she's found it and taken pics and it was very emotional for both of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JMM4t_e-Ng

I think it's so important and really amazing what we, David Cassidy's fans, have managed to achieve during those 6 years. Without any help. Love, hard work and determination. Behind every single plaque there is so much work, everything takes so much time, so many emails, telephone calls, you wouldn't believe it. Sometimes it's easier when there is an important ally. Like it was in the case with the DC's plaque at Heathrow Airport, Service Manager at the airport, Mr Nigel Clarke was a fan himself. And now hundreds of thousands of passengers waiting at The Queens Terminal can read about David and his fans. I think it's just wonderful and I can't describe my feelings when I saw it myself last year. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di21n70rj10&t=5s

What a great tribute video.

There are also benches with David's name, plaques commemorate his work on stage, his concerts at Wembley Arena, even a time capsule. His photographs or posters hang on the walls of cafes and restaurants. And now we can do more and support (and I mean not only money) a historical marker for David Cassidy. It's to be placed at Colgate Park, in West Orange, NJ. David Cassidy wrote about West Orange and his life there only with love. This is a wonderful, great idea to have a historical marker in a place where David Cassidy grew up and was loved and happy.

Let's make it happen!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/david-cassidy-historical-marker-west-orange-nj?utm_campaign




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'