They Said I Changed A Lot..

Let's first listen to something which was not released, why they didn't want David singing that song is a great mystery for me. Listening to his young, sincere, innocent and magical voice is one in a kind moving experience. You can just imagine David sitting next to you, with his guitar...and..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PbghG6czuw&t=6s

Amazing. And of course we believe in David Cassidy and love songs.

When I became a real DC's fan in 2018, there was something I used to discuss a lot with my English friend B. How David Cassidy kept changing. A completely different person in each decade. Or even more often. It was something difficult to understand for me. The many faces of David. Each album different from the previous one, different style and even his voice..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4gvxt1WgaA

B. thought there was nothing unusual about how David was changing, and I simply didn't follow his career from the beginning, I didn't grow with him, I didn't walk this road with DC (so to speak). That's why I was so surprised.  When he died I knew just basic facts and a few songs, those the most famous from the 70s, and I thought he was only a singer.

I could see her point of course. It's impossible to understand David Cassidy without knowing his background, his father's influence,  and it's very important to remember that first of all he was an actor, a born entertainer. In his work and in private life. He said in 1999, "I inherited some of the talent as well the lack of interest in anything else.(..) I like to make people laugh, and I like to make them happy, I've had that since a very early age."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ynTbvyQr0

Since 2018 I've learnt a lot about DC, also the man he was, and  I still think that he changed a lot during his life, even his personality was different, but somehow he stayed the same. It's difficult to explain..

Yesterday I found in my calendar from 2018, something I wrote down more than 5 years ago.  Something DC said in 1974, " They said I changed a lot. I said a lot changed me..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEs-WQeOWjE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'