Wish You Were Here / Harold Rome

 First Jack Cassidy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7boNC9Sbv34


Recently my FB friend, Sandie Leeming has written a comment on my blog, that the most important part of David Cassidy legacy is friendship. And I've thought to myself that yes, of course friendship, I myself have some very close friends met because of DC, but for me his music is the most important. The world can only remember him as a pop icon, but for me first of all  David Cassidy was a great, underrated singer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhIl93zAuJU

However, recently, I've been thinking a lot about Sandie's words.

Our friendship.. That connection we, his fans, feel and experience. That we care about each other. That support and empathy. That we are kind to each other, how important it is. Louise Poynton called her book, 'David Cassidy A Legacy Of Love'. Love And Light, we often write these words. Who could have thought in the early 70s, that after half a century, nearly 6 years after his death, how that legacy of love would turn out to be so important for all of us.

David Cassidy used to write letters to his fans. Sometimes he wrote about difficult matters, misunderstandings, but whatever he wrote about, while reading his letters, we can feel his love, how much he cared. 

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/InPrintPages/Letters.html

The letter from David, December 25, 2010 :

'The outpouring of love and support that I've received from all over the world has been nothing short of amazing and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Your kind words meant more to me than you'll ever know. The great Maya Angelou once said "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." I couldn't agree more as I know that I'll never forget how all of you made me feel.
Peace, Love & Happy Trails. 
David.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'