Do You Believe In Magic /John Sebastian

Lovin' Spoonful was very popular in the second part of the 60s, when David Cassidy was a teen. John Sebastian and his band influenced The Beatles, they are in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.. btw Jann Wenner was removed from the board of Rock&Roll Hall of Fame Foundation in September 2023, and that fact made a lot of people very happy.

I was never a fan of Lovin' Spoonful, that was not my music. I also remember that 'Summer In the City' was very often played on our radio and it used to irritate me..

Of course Lovin' Spoonful was very important for the DC generation, in the USA mostly, and I once read an interview with David, from 1972, how he wanted to record 'Do You Believe In Magic' himself. After all, in 1973, he chose another John Sebastian's hit, 'Daydream', and it was Shaun Cassidy who recorded 'Do You Believe In Magic' first, for his second, platinum album, 'Born Late'. It was released on October 1st, 1977. 

DC told many times that he wasn't in competition with his younger brother, but it must have been not easy for him, especially after his RCA albums' failure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjp5_WEmJlk

What can I say..I know that word 'fan' comes from fanatic, but I'm sure that David would have done something more interesting with that song in the 70s. He recorded it many years later, from a different point of view, not a teen idol's, but a very experienced, 50 year old man, someone who knew that his music made happy millions of people all over the world. And that his fans never stopped loving him and that they were still young at hearts..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIkSXGW1Uvk

Oh yes, we believe in magic..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeKYMuQ5PvE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'