'I Wish All Of You Have Known Him Then..'

First one of the most beautiful tribute video I've ever seen. Really outstanding, with an idea and done in such good taste, no enhanced colorized photos or exploding and flying stars. We can imagine a fan, sitting at the table, looking at photos, thinking about the past..Missing David Cassidy and listening to his timeless music and wonderful voice. 

Thank you so much Anna Maria Ottengren for doing this video. I've seen it many times and never have enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh8VR5WuYy0

Lately I've been trying to make some order in my DC's collection. So many times when I see something interesting I just take a screen shot to read it later, I'm sure many fans do the same. Later transfer those pics to my laptop and once in a while I look through them and try to sort important ones somehow. And the most important are of course original articles and personal memories. Fans post sometimes old articles, very often without any credits, so I have to guess the year and the name of the newspaper or magazine.

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do once more, this time by his fan, my FB friend, Sandie Leeming. Wonderful and moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0lPnTTudrA

Those articles and memories, nothing what we have already known, but for me every little detail counts, it's like completing a huge Jigsaw Puzzle with David Cassidy.

For example that short note with something what Dave Kemper, DC's drummer during World Tour, told about him. "He's really amazing. Not only he is good for laugh, but he's much better musician than anybody gives him credit for.' And Dave Kemper is a known  drummer, he played for Jerry Garcia Band and with Bob Dylan. Recorded with many known artists. He knew what he was talking about.

Or Gary Abelov, he was a friend in 1964-1966. He posted a few very interesting, personal stories, and even a small pic of DC from a high school. He has written, 'I wish all of you have known him then (long before he became famous). Funny as hell, slighlty wild and a hell of a good friend.) 

And Tony Harries Fried, in the late 60s the leader of Rexford high school band, wrote about DC who played with them on drums, 'Actually back then he was an ok drummer and a legend in our high school..'

Once more 'Breaking Up', my fav live version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fELQfLd10Q


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'