I'll Be Your Umbrella Man..

I want today to write once more about what fans know and don't know about DC, but first a song which I've played quite a lot recently. From 'Up To Date' album, released in February 1971. This album was a smash really. Peaked at #3 in April and was on Billboard chart for 53 weeks! Amazing. 2 songs became Top 10 hits in the USA. 'Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted' and 'I'll Meet You Halfway'. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QciAxLaYFs

Wonderful album. Just 31 minutes, 11 songs, all TPF's classics and I love all of them. Also 'Umbrella Man', maybe it was slightly dated, more from the 60s, but those guys, Jim Cretecos and Mike Appel, with a litlle help from one and only Wes Farrell, they knew how to write a hit. It's such a wonderful song, that rhythm, Hal Blaine's drums, it's so irresistible, makes you want to get up and dance. And David Cassidy's voice. Passion and longing. And sex. It's not a song for little girls. He promises her everything. Oh, to be loved like that..

Let's listen to the version altered by John Gomolka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWWZ8zwygXA

Why some songs become hits and others not? A very naive question, and of course there are many reasons, and David himself wrote about it in his autobiographies, while reflecting on the phenomenon of I Think I Love You.

So what about those fans. A few days ago one fan who was in Las Vegas, posted her pic (very nice) with the David Cassidy Star. I've seen it on at least 2 FB groups, and the comments have been very interesting. It turned out that some fans had no idea that David Cassidy had a Star in Las Vegas. Maybe they are new fans, I don't know. But as a former teacher I know that no matter how many times you repeat something, there will always be one or two students who have no idea what has been said over and over again. So once more. 

DAVID CASSIDY HAS a STAR IN LAS VEGAS.

One more great song from Up To Date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FstX60EHS5g






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'