Looking Like Young Clint..

First let's listen to the song I've rediscovered recently. I really don't know why I've thought it was rather boring and not very original. Of course at the time there were a lot of similar rock ballads and I wasn't a fan of such in the early 90s, but a few days ago this song literally stopped me in my tracks.

Written by David Cassidy, Sue Shifrin and John Wetton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbraLQXP03I

This album has such great sound, many outstanding musicians played for DC, but I think it could have been better. 'All Because Of You' doesn't fit at all in my opinion, and what worse Cher had a hit with it, in 1989. Instead 'Crazy Over You' should have been recorded. There was another unlucky choice because the single 'Lyin' To Myself' had on a b side a non-album track, a song written by David and Sue, 'I'll Believe You Again'. 'Prisoner' would have been great as a song on a flip side.

But let's get back to the topic. There is re run of 'Bonanza' on one of my TV channels. It looks so old or even more, ancient. I never was a fan even that in the late 60s and early 70s it was one of the few American series on our TV. Anyway I watched it like everybody did, but I don't remember seeing the episode with David, and I'm sure I would have remembered him. I watched it yesterday again. Zorro710 has posted a great copy on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Nfu8PJnPQ

David was fascinating, it was really outstanding acting. Billy was frustrated, angry, lonely and confused, a rebelious teen who wanted to be treated like adult and what worse in conflict with his stepfather who treated him unfairly. The whole world was against him, including his own mother and the teacher. 

It was really outstanding, emotional David Cassidy's performance, showing his acting ability. For me that role was his best among those he played before he was Keith forever. A lot of people noticed him  on 'Marcus Welby', of course it was another great DC role, but first of all it was the first season of this new medical, extremly popular TV series, and at the time  everybody watched it.

In 2007 an article was published on MeTV Chicago, with a long title, 'Before David Cassidy was squeaky-clean Keith P,. he was convincing teen-rebel.' The author wrote about David in Bonanza,:

 "It’s a thrilling emotional performance, and an early signal of how much pure potential this young actor was working with. It also includes breathtaking views Cassidy fits right in as a young misunderstood rebel cowboy..He looked more like young Clint Eastwood than future Ricky Nelson..

Of course, the memory of these early roles, which all aired before the premiere of The Partridge Family quickly faded once Keith Partridge found the spotlight.

Cassidy remained in that glow through his impressive,

multi-faceted career.'



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'