Sing Me / Tony Romeo

The song first and a very nice video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpi27BrpuFY&t=4s

I thought about 'Sing Me' yesterday, when I read that fans, in very short time, had donated the amount required to place a historical marker at Colgate Field, in West Orange, New Jersey, in honor of David Cassidy's memory. Just wonderful idea, and big thanks and congratulations for every person involved in it. Barb Schlamp Collentine, Karen Ranieri, Gina Gelardo, Erin Sullivan, Margie Jackson and Anette Trotta Flynn and Eilene Shimi and Robyn Smith and other wonderful our DC sisters. 

There were discussions in the past if David would have wanted himself those plaques, benches, stars..Somehow I'm 100 % sure that if he had known about this tribute, in this place, in a town he lived as a young boy, he would have been very happy.

'Oh, my days come back to me..back to me..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_XDYPfJAmc

So I listened to 'Sing Me' yesterday, and of course to the rest of the songs from that wonderful album. There is something very moving and symbolic about this historical marker in West Orange, because somehow, deep inside, he remained this young kid to the rest of his days. 

'Dreams Are Nuthin' More Than Wishes' was released exactly 50 years ago, in October 1973, and soon we will celebrate the great success of this album in the UK. Daydreamer/Puppy Song 3-week run at number 1, and the album was on the top of the chart in November. I've written about 'Dreams' many times, the most personal album David Cassidy ever recorded. He was 23 years old, on the top, a superstar and a teen idol, but he was singing about the time before he'd achived fame. About his mum and dad and home..

'Time and time again..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yt-XSWeZlo&t=36s

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'