David Cassidy In Popular Culture

It's such a fascinating topic to work on, worth a separate book, and serious research. Not just a page on the DC Official Website. A very extensive, interdisciplinary topic. Just to gather all info, all articles, screenshots, videos, recordings and pics, and somehow classify them. It'd  have needed a lot of work. 

We have songs about David, and they are not only from the 70s. I just love this one, always makes me smile, written by young people, the band was formed in 2007. Energetic music and what the lyrics..'Los Angeles is a long way from Ruislip..they told me that but I'm still sure I'd make it'..'David Cassidy your magic's worked  its trick on me..'. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRFoNwddrxQ

There are poems written for and about him. And David's posters in films set in the 70s. And David or Partridge Family talked about in films made in every decade. His music in adverts. David himself recorded a few jingles. I always loved M&M's.

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/M&Ms_Advert.html

The way he looked in early 70s. His hair, pukka shells, shirts and bell bottoms. Hysteria provoked by his very presence. Meredith Baxter wrote in her book, 'David was a perfect teen idol and could ignite hysteria by entering a room, so we rarely went together in public'

That hysteria has been the subject of several good documentaries, and one very good book translated into many languages. 'I Think I Love You' Allison Pearson's, published in 2010, had its debut in my native Poland in 2011. And it was actually my mother who got this book as a present from my daughter. I had no idea about the book. I was very busy, working long hours.  

Once while visiting my parents, my mother was telling me something at length, and I was looking through the books on her table. And I took one book and for a moment.. it was such a strange feeling, because the title was in Polish of course, and I asked my mother very softly:
'Mum what this book is about?'  And she said,  'I've told you many times but you never listen. About difficult mother-daughter relationship. And about some singer, but I don't remember you liked him when you were a teen.'. 
And I didn't say a word, just opened the book and started reading..


PS. My friend B. has just told me that she is reading a new Harlan Coben's book, and one of the suspect's name is Cassidy and someone says, 'Like David? Man, I had a crush on him in the day.' And there was more about DC's hair and smile and in general about how gorgeous he looked..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'