Junked Heart Blues / David Cassidy

I haven't listened to this song for quite a long time. And haven't watched this video..I have saved it for November..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6QGYBCU4pI

This is not to watch and listen to every day. It makes me..there are so many feelings, I'm sure my fellow fans understand me perfectly. Pure delight. Bliss. The way he looked. How it's possible a man could have been so beautiful and perfect. But I also know that it was 47 years ago, in quite different world, in another century. The song itself. The music and that lyrics..'leave me gently..' How anyone could have left him, but it's also resonates with me and I think about the time I was left and it wasn't gently.

One more very poignant song from that great album, 'Gettin' It In The Street'. I love it. 'And it doesn't really matter anymore..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lasrK2vtqc8

November is such a meaningful month for us, David Cassidy's fans. The beginning and the end. 'I Think I Love You' became number 1 song in the USA on November 21st, and 47 years later..And other anniversaries. On November 7, 1969,  54 years ago, The Survivors, Episode 7 was aired on ABC. The first DC's tv role, but we can't watch it, the tape doesn't exist anymore (probably). And it was in November of 1971 when The Partridge Family Christmas Card was released. Again in November, this time in 1973, Dreams Are Nuthin' More Than Wishes' became number 1 in the UK. It's a very long list.

And in November David had his great return, his song again in Top 30, after so many years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJMMSWJosRs

But it's that album, 'Gettin' It In The Street' that I listen to in November. It was to be released in the USA that month in 1976. But it didn't happen. David had great hopes regarding it, he worked so hard, I just can't imagine his pain because of this disappointment. At the same time Shaun's first album was a hit in Europe in Australia. Since May 1974 DC did everything he could to write and produce good quality music. He learned so much, worked so hard..and nothing. No new fans, and old ones found new idols.

David Cassidy, ' The Higher They Climb, The Harder They Fall, Home Is Where The Heart Is and Gettin' It in the Street are much more 'me' in terms of the music. I played on all the tracks, I wrote a lot of them, I explored my musical vision (..) My fans love those albums. It was a very dark period for me in a lot of ways, so I've tended to disconnect myself from that material, although I still do one or two of those songs live..' (David Cassidy, 'Could It Be Forever?, 2007, p. 329-330).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbdootiYryo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'