You Are Always On My Mind / Tony Romeo

Tony Romeo's and David Cassidy's masterpiece. Great song, music and lyrics, the arrangement, backing harmonies, but first of all it was DC's vocal, his interpretation which made that song a true classic. His emotions..It's hard to listen to it without being moved.

David Cassidy, "I also really liked 'You Are Always on My Mind'. I loved the first line. 'Wake up in the morning feeling all right, 'til I recall you're gone from my life, and I stare like a dummy against the wall.' That was such a great hook. I loved that song and I've never done it live." (David Cassidy : 'Could It Be Forever?, 2007, p. 85

I wonder why he didn't and why he wrote about it. Because it was too emotional for him..I don't know.

From Up To Date album, released on February 12, 1971. Season 1, Episode 21 'Partridge Up a Pear Tree'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc2LdAbrY4A

I talked with my close FB friend Mary Anthony yesterday, about new Meg Ryan movie, 'What Happens Later', Meg directed it and co-wrote the script. And in one scene The Partridge Family and its music is mentioned. Of course Meg Ryan, who was born in November 1961 could have been a fan herself, anyway we have agreed with Mary, that it's great that in a mainstream film Partridge Family and one of its record, actually Christmas Card,  have been mentioned. Regardless of the context I think it means that PF is still a houshold name. Let's listen to another Romeo-Cassidy masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDstBj8h8UI&t=60s

We have talked with Mary that yes David is a pop icon, and nothing could be done about it, because as an icon he is stuck in that moment of time forever, the eternal, beautiful boy, his hair, smile and that bubble gum music. There are many artists completely forgotten, so maybe it's not bad that he is at least remembered that way. We talked yesterday, and today in the morning while making breakfast I turned on my phone and started listening at random..and the first song was Bedtime, and like always I've listened to it in awe..And the second one 'You Are Always On My Mind'. And I've thought to myself - no, not only a pop icon, but a great singer, that's why DC should be remembered. I'll never give up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y9YqTFKdPU

The pic, The David Cassidy Official Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'