"I Hope the World Still Wants Me'

First a song. I've just got a wonderful present, some great  vinyl singles, such a joy to have them and listen to. 

The Last Kiss/The Letter, Romance (Let Your Heart Go, the pic is from the other side of that single, and I've had no idea that on the B side is the instrumental version of this song, it was also moving to read Basia's very difficult Polish surname (Trzetrzelewska) and written without any mistakes. If I Didn't Care/Frozen Noses, and The Partridge Family's - Looking Through the Eyes Of Love/Storybook Love and Breaking Up Is Hard To Do/I Think I Love You/I'll Meet You Halfway. I just can't find words to describe my feelings, holding those old records and listening to them. A great joy.

Let's listen and watch DC singing 'Breaking Up Is Hard To Do'. This episode was first aired on this day, 51 years ago..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5fPDYPk8YE

But I've had today also a disappointment. I'm very involved in helping Jane (our webmaster) find the missing articles about DC. It's a real detective work and takes a lot of time. We have a lot of articles or info about them on the website, but it's scary how much we don't have. Sometimes there is just the year and the title, but not the article itself.. We search  many websites, networks, also Pinterest and eBay. 

And you have no idea how many articles from the late 70s are missing. For example there was a magazine called 'Teen Talk', and we know that 2 articles about DC were published there, one in April 1979 and another one from February 1980. That's all. And today someone put up for sale on eBay, 'Teen Talk' from February 1978. The offer shows three pages of that issue including table of contents, and we can see that on pages 30-34 there is an interview with DC.

David Cassidy singing 'Strengthen My Love' on The Partridge Family/My Three Sons Reunion, November27, 1977.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQfzIImCP84

Shaun as a new, exciting pin up boy..And David. It looks like a long interview with the title, 'I Hope the World Still Wants Me'. At the time he was working on his comeback, on the set of the Police Story 2 hours special. But on 2 other pages displayed by the owner of the magazine there are only articles about John Travolta and Peter Frampton. 

So it was a disappointment, and even more, because in the same issue there was an article about Barry Manilow, with the title..'He Writes The Songs!'  Poor David. I hope that like me, he didn't read those articles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_6cwUso8CA



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'