Sweetness / David Cassidy

This song has been playing in my mind all day long (it's late evening now), so I really have to write about it. It's like a sign from DC. I'm joking, but I know I have to write a blog to get rid of this song. It's not that I don't like it, on the contrary.

It's a great song, the rhythm and the lyrics, full of passion and desire even, we can feel it's written by a young person, so emotional. Nice video, but was that song really recorded in 1972? I think it was earlier, but I don't know. It was slated for The Partridge Family, but Wes Farrell didn't think it was good enough. Or maybe not exactly for the show. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxoBSLVxZjY

'Hot kind of music burnin' in my soul..tomorrow's dream awaits us..' Yes, maybe not Partridge Family's material. But on the other hand there is 'We Gotta Get Out Of This Place' on Notebook album. Wes Farrell was the boss. Btw Wes was born on December 21st in 1939, and he died in 1996. Only 56 years old. It's great they met again in the 90s before it was too late. 

Wes Farrell, once so successful, now is completely forgotten, just one interview from the early 70s on cmongethappy.com, some obituaries from 1996. That's all. Not a single video, a couple of pics, mostly with young David Cassidy. Let's listen to the song Wes Farrell co-wrote with Luther Dixon in the early 60s. And I'm sure young DC knew this song very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr8OuW5JJgQ

'Sweetness' was at last released by David Cassidy's own label, Slamajama, in 1998, on the album called, 'David Cassidy's Partridge Family Favorites'. 12 songs, great hits, but also 'It's Time That I Knew You Better' (from the episode with Meredith Baxter), the first version of 'Warm My Soul', and two David's early songs, written by him, recorded, but not released in the 70s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvl_ppcLeU4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'