When I Fall In Love / Victor Young and Edward Heyman

 

or David as an angel..

Sometimes there are such entries when I don't know how to start.  So maybe with the song I thought about yesterday when Henry Diltz published an amazing new/old DC's pic from 1971. He didn't give us the date, but I'm sure it was 1971. And there was a caption, 'David Cassidy looks like angel here...and maybe he is now!'

I don't know if he is an angel. Maybe.. The pic was so wonderful and it was so moving to see it, that I just took out my 'Crossword Puzzle' album and started listening to this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqSrTNxV6S8

Henry Diltz is such a wonderful man, he has been active first as a musician, later as photographer since the 1960s. He photographed everybody. All of them. His pics are on the most important album covers in the history of the 20th century music. He was the official photographer at Woodstock and at the Monterey Pop Festival. It was his pic of The Doors, which was used on their album 'Morrison Hotel'. He is a legend. 85 years old. 

It makes me so sad when sometimes I read what some David Cassidy's fans write about him. They treat great Henry Diltz like personal DC's photographer. They simply have no idea about Henry Diltz' legacy. But yes, for him David was a very special friend, and we are so grateful for every single pic he took of David. For those taken on the set of The Partridge Family or for teen mags, and of course for those private ones. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGTPDRzGcEI

'When I Fall In Love'. Such a classic, first released in 1952. A lot of artists recorded own versions. Nat King Cole, and his daughter Natalie, and Johnny Mathis and also Donny Osmond and Rick Astley. And many more. Because it's very cold and snowing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF1NHU_0NQE

And now imagine David Cassidy singing that song..And he did it, in summer of 1973, but only a handful of people could hear him singing..'when I give my heart it will be completely..' There is no audio, just 3 pics. David sang 'When I Fall In Love' on board of The S.S Fairsea ship one night after the day of filming 'The Last of Howard'. Bruce Kimmel played the piano..

The pic - David Cassidy singing 'When I Fall In Love'. 50 years ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'