Less Than Perfect. Part 1

David Cassidy appeared on TV series called 'Less Than Perfect'. It was aired in January 2005. So at first it has been an entry about his small role and first of all about the fact that he performed with Danny Bonaduce in that episode, but I've thought that 'Less Than Perfect'  is also a great title for a blog about DC. 

Today the first part.

We often use the word 'perfect' writing about David Cassidy, especially when we comment the way he looked in the 70s. Everything about him was perfect. Even my younger daughter once has said the same (unasked). She saw one of those DC's portraits, close-up of his face, and she was so impressed, really young David Cassidy's beauty was extraordinary, timeless. Everything about him was perfect, even the fact that he was short. Laurie Eby, my FB friend, has said once that it was part of his charm. All of us wanted to cuddle him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pG17uX7M8U

Of course he knew how attractive he was, and also what was expected from him when he became a teen idol, a role model. There is a story in DC autobiography, how he had a week off and hiked with Steve Ross in the forest of Big Sur, and how on their way back to LA, they stopped at local place to eat something, and suddenly a bus full of Girl Scouts came, all the girls rushing out of the bus, and going to the same cafeteria. It must have been in 1971. After a week in Big Sur David and Steve were dirty, their hair were dirty and they had beard growth. And David was scared what would be if the girls recognized him.

DC :  'I kept thinking (..) all these girls would leave and tell everyone they knew, 'We saw David Cassidy in person, and he's really gross!' I was thinking, David Cassidy simply cannot be this person. He cannot be seen like this. I'd built up the persona of this David Cassidy guy that the public knew from TV (...) I had to protect him. Realising I was now a role model, I took it very seriously." (David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever?, 2007, p.120)

Patti Cohoon-Friedman who played Gloria Hickey said for cmongethappy.com, 'I had been acting for quite a few years and thought that I could no longer be star struck..until I met David..I was a few years younger than David (she was born in 1959) so, even though he was very nice to me, we didn't talk much when I was shooting my episodes. I do remember him always brushing his hair. He had a brush in his back pocket at all times when he wasn't on camera.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMtpfUocvdI

Of course soon it became so tiring, he didn't want to be a role model at all..

to be continued.

The pic - The David Cassidy Official Website 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'