Take This Heart / David Cassidy, Gerry Beckley

A new video again on The David Cassidy Official Website.

I think it wasn't May 1981. 

Because at the time, in May of 1981 DC started performing in Little Johnny Jones. And at the end of this interview when asked about his plans he said he was going to Nashville to make a new alboum, to record music again. I would say this interview is from 1982. 

But of course I could be wrong, it's so annoying that we don't have many interviews, and so many we have are of bad quality, and on top of that we can't be sure of the dates..

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1981AMLosAngeles.html

No, it must be 1982. He looked similar to the interview with Bob Chelmick, from June 1982, in Canada.

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1982SummerMagazine.html

Really it's a detective work to establish basic facts.

Anyway David looked gorgeous, but that interview has made me sad. How many times he had to explain that he wasn't a child actor, and those questions about money..But first of all I always feel so sorry that he never said anything about his RCA albums. Like they never existed. Of course there were reasons why. Since May 1974 he did everything he could do to write and produce good, high quality music. He learned so much, worked so hard and didn't get new fans. By the end of 1976 he lost the rest of his confidence. Even Sam left him, he couldn't watch how DC was killing himself. 

Sam Hyman, "It was a very painful period for David (..) He was spinning out of control and starting to experiment with drugs, getting high to escape and kill the pain. The unresolved father issue has always been the underlying motivating factor with David. And he reached the apex of his career.(..) I remember going to David and saying,"I can't be around this. It's killing me to watch you kill yourself." And that's when I moved to Colorado, in 1976. I had to get away from it. And that's when his father died." (David Cassidy: Could It Be Forever?, 2007, p.312)

David knew that we, his fans, loved that music, all those wonderful songs from his RCA albums. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f9gxQ8ZV90



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'