Why This Guy..

Let's start with the song I've listened to so many times, for me this song is a masterpiece. Perfection. No unnnecessary note or word. And David Cassidy's voice, his interpretation. A slow, calm intro, in the middle an explosion of emotions, and at the end..he will be there, on the dead end street, the one we can run to.. 

For me this is the best song ever written by David Cassidy and Sue Shifrin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f67B3B49RFI

I've thought about this song recently after receiving a message, comment, I don't know how to call it, that I should leave DC alone. Find myself a new hobby. Stop writing my blog, start living my life and generally let David Cassidy Rest in Peace. 

I get such messages/comments from time to time and normally I shrug my shoulders and laugh, I know that I have a life besides DC, and my blog has 200 000 views. I know that people want to read about him. But somehow (blame the cold weather) this time I've thought about that comment a little bit. 

What's wrong in writing about someone who has had such an impact on our lives, (still has), why writing about DC is treated only as a hobby, or something only for chosen ones, those who knew DC personally. A lot of books and films appear about famous artists, a lot of them died many years ago, but they are still important for many different reasons. Their art and their times. And why we shouldn't write about David Cassidy? Because he was a teen idol? Let's watch this program about teen idols, and David is mentioned there too..

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1998Dec14_PublicEye.html

Easy to laugh. Why this guy ? 

I'm not saying that David Cassidy was the greatest singer in the music history, but I don't understand why is ok, and treated as a serious thing, to write a detailed biography let's say about David Bowie, there are a lot of his biographies, and he is treated by many as one of the most important artist in the 20th century music history, and writing about a very underrated actor and singer who happened to be a teen idol at the beginning of his career is treated like not important hobby. I really don't know.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against discussion or criticism, but I'm a fan and writing about David Cassidy for me is not only a hobby.

Let's finish with another great song. Written by the man himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA-EMX8SzRo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'