David Cassidy's Day At the Races

First 'Hollywood Nights'. Since I've got 'A Touch Of Blue' CD this song is played in my car..often. But the live recording is even better, DC was an amazing live performer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWK2zs-D3jM&list=RDWWK2zs-D3jM&start_radio=1

This exciting concert was in April 2002, in Glasgow.

In 2002 a lot was written about David's horses. He owned 11 and had 7 in training in New York with Gary C. Contessa. A famous trainer and a talented bass player, they became very close friends. In 2002 one of DC's horses, Lady D'Jour, a horse he bought for $8000, won more than $100 000 on track

In the interview for Thoroughbred Daily News he said how he and his grandfather watched the Kentucky Derby together, and that it was Fred who taught very young David how to read Racing Forum and gave him some dollars to bet. David read and learned about horses in his free time, also on TPF's set and bought his first horse-in-yearling in 1974. At first he was a breeder, and quite a successful one. In the 80s he began racing horses.

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1983July6_EntertainmentTonight.html

It was an expensive passion. But despite many disappointments and loss of money, he loved it, He loved horses, he loved the atmosphere of the horse track, and the challenge. He said,  'It's not a game for boys in short pants. I've been a passionate fan of thoroughbred racing since I was 5 years old, and I've spent countless days, weeks, hours, months and years doing a lot of pedigree research, which is what I love to do."

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/long-time-industry-supporter-cassidy-in-critical-condition/

And yesterday Jane has published on the David Cassidy Official Website truly an outstanding video. In 2002, after 28 years, David Cassidy returned to Australia, he played there 8 concerts in November, but before he started Rock Me Tour (Nov9), he attended Melbourne Cup on November 5. When Jane posted this video it was nearly midnight in Poland, but..curiosity killed the cat so I watched it..

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/2002Nov5_MelbourneCupCarnival.html?fbclid=

Those lucky people who could have been there with him. Watching this wonderful, happy smile. David Cassidy was so happy being there. In his element. We know when his smile was 'professional' and when genuine. I really was envious yesterday, what a bad timing and everything. And I've thought that maybe I should stopped writing my blog (I will not of course), because I write about how wonderful unique singer DC was, and maybe for him it was not important what people thought about his career, his singing, acting. And maybe he should have changed his life completely in 1974, forgot about the showbusiness and became a horse breeder. Lived in a farm, married a nice girl, had a lot of kids and lived happily ever after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkOGLgKZ4_I

The pic, The David Cassidy Official Website.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'