David Cassidy In Belgium. And In Holland (Again)

Writing about DC in Holland, and first of all talking with Marjon Hoogendam-Landmeter for two days, have been very emotional for me. Soon will be the 50th anniversary of his last concert there, and it was one of the last he ever played in Europe (I mean  Continental Europe), in later years fans who wanted to see him had to go to the UK.

I feel I should add something to yesterday's entry. First of all about David Cassidy in Belgium. I haven't written anything about it, but of course David was a big star also there, and he played a concert in Arenahal in Deurne, (it's the district of the municipality of Antwerp), on March 8, 1973.

This video is with Crazy Over You song, but actually the footage and some pics are from that Belgium concert. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AK5AQzoRG4

But we have on the website something even more exciting. An interview with David for the Antwerp TV, which  probably took place before the concert, and fragments of his performance. He looks tired and sleepy answering the same questions all over again, but in fantastic vocal form on stage, And we can see him playing guitar solo.

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1973March8.html

He was in Belgium in 1985 again, guest starred on the TV show called 'Mike'.

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1985April4Mike.html

I know that my blog is read also in Belgium, so I hope maybe this reader/readers will share with us more info.

David in Holland. I'm very grateful to Marjon for all the information and dates, regarding David's stay in Holland, also the names of the hotels. I perceive  some photos differently now..Those from the July 3, 1975, from the airport. Just a year after the World Tour and only 14 fans were waiting for him and he wasn't VIP anymore, treated like any other passenger. 

The pics from the program which was never shown. Marjon has also told me that David had plans for playing concerts in Germany in 1985, but he resigned from them. The Last Kiss was a hit in Europe. And also 'She Knows All About Boys'. A lot of hard work and a lot of disappointments..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-sgNAie7lQ

The pic, The David Cassidy Official Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'