How Can I Be Sure / Felix Cavaliere and Eddie Brigati

Yesterday a version of this famous David Cassidy's hit was published on You Tube. A version with isolated vocals (DC), and bass - Joe Osbourn!! 

'Joe Osborne', is written on my Partridge Family's 'Crossword Puzzle' vinyl album, or Joe Osborn (Wikipedia), but definitely not Osbourn. Funny, me with my dyslexia writing about it, but even I know that not 'Osbourn'.

Joseph Osborn was born in 1937. He worked as a session musician in LA with the Wrecking Crew in the 60s and early 70s, very often together with Hal Blaine and Larry Knechtel. They were called the Hollywood Golden Trio. The songs we can hear his bass on are the most legendary, the most important ones. The list is very long, but  only today I have learned that he played on America's 'Ventura Highway', the song I love so much. 

In 1974 he moved to Nashville and played on the most famous country and western albums. After 2005 Joe Osborn semi retired, enjoyed recording with Richard Carpenter and playing bass at his local church..He died in 2018.

So let's listen to David Cassidy and Joe Osborn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0q5htljtGw

What can I say..I've checked this channel called Isolated Music Tracks, nearly 400 films and it looks this is the first David's song. In information we can read that when e.g. instruments are removed the vocals can be heard better, or that such versions are great to sing along with..I don't know, I've listened to it because I'm DC fan and like the rest of fans I dream about new David's songs..Maybe one day a miracle will happen. Sometimes it's not easy, it looks like we know all the pics and all the recordings and we've read all articles and seen all videos. And I have a worrying impression that with each day there are less fans.

Let's return to 'How Can I Be Sure', it was great DC's hit. Number 25 on Billboard Hot 100, and number 1 in the UK and Ireland, it was also a hit in Australia, Canada, Germany and the Netherlands. It was the first DC song I've ever heard. 

'How Can I Be Sure' was originally recorded by the Young Rascals in 1967. The same year the French version of this song, recorded  by Nicoletta, was a hit in Europe, it was sold 2 millions copies.

You can see Nicoletta on this pic with David, it was taken (probably) on May 3, 1974. Maybe they also talked about 'How Can I Be Sure'..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVkdiSMXAPg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'