Point Me In The Direction of Albuquerque / Tony Romeo

The second track on Partridge Family's first album released in September 1970. 

We know that 'Point Me' was recorded on August 4, 1970. Also on that day 'I Can Feel Your Heartbeat' and 'To Be Lovers' were recorded. We have the version of this song altered by John Gomolka, to better reflects DC's true voice, but I think in this case, with this song, the difference is not so significant. 

We often write, I wish this and that regarding DC. I wish I could have been in that recording studio on August 4, 1970. What Wes Farrell was thinking about listening to 20 year old David Cassidy. Mostly 'wow!', I think. How fast the boy was learning. The first recording session was in May..

The song was used on the episode which was aired 53 years ago, on February 26, 1971, S1 E22, 'Road Song'. This time there wasn't a special music scene, we don't see the Partridges on stage in this episode, but the song perfectly underlines the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjHgzcmWo8A

'Point Me In the Direction of Albuquerque' has been playing in my head today, after reading Scott Awely's posts about that particular episode, published on The Partridge Family - The Official Facebook Group for www.cmongethappy.com. And comments. 

This is just unbelievable what Scott Awely and others, TPS's fans know about the show. The info we can read there about the filming process, connections, the behind-the-scenes photos. And I appreciate how they share info, how each member of the group add something, and last but not least I love that they (we, I'm a proud member of that group), we have real fun writing and reading about the show. Scott has a great sense of humor and it's contagious.

Let's listen to another song recorded on August 4, 1970. This time John Gomolka's version. Another 'Wow!' today. 

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/DiscographyPages/I%20Can%20Feel%20Your%20Heartbeat_JohnGomolkaVersion.mp3

David Cassidy played concert in Albuquerque on November 7, 1971, and we have an article about it on the David Cassidy Official Website

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/InPrintPages/News1971November4_Albuquerque_Journal.pdf

David loved this song, performed it many times on stage, also during his last ever concert on March 4, 2017. 'I need to get home..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5xZfBxAfXQ

The pic, The David Cassidy Official Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'