River In Time / Andrew Gold and Sue Shifrin

Yes, Andrew Gold co-wrote this wonderful song with Sue. 

And David Cassidy performed it on EFX, and recorded it. The album with the music and songs from the show was released by MGM Grand in 1997, and was available only through the EFX gift shop at the hotel.  

I haven't listened to those songs for some time and I feel like I have discovered them today..again. Love is a river in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sukzVzSy57g

Only 16k views during 15 years, and a few comments with the same statement, 'Never heard this song'. 

But today's post should have been called not 'River In Time', but 'David Cassidy at the Warsaw's shoppoing centre'. It's something what happened to me yesterday, it's really nothing very important. But maybe I'll inspire someone, it's always worth telling people about DC. Let Him Shine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ynTbvyQr0

I had an important family meeting yesterday afternoon, and I had everything ready except flowers, so I went in the morning to our local shopping centre to buy some roses. It's not big, but you can buy  everything there, and I like it because it's very friendly, and very quiet place. No background music, never. And it happened that yesterday at the ground floor of the center was a vinyl market, they organize such from time to time. 

I didn't have time, and David is completely unknown in Poland, but one seller had only pop music and I couldn't resist to just have a look. There were boxes with pop albums from the 90s, 80s and one box with the label, 'Pop 60/70'. The man had some really great vinyls, rather unexpected in my country, David Essex' first album from 1973, Capitan and Tennille's first, 'Love Will Keep Us Together' with.. "I Write the Songs', and there was Sweet's album and Al Stewart's 'Year of the Cat', to name a few. And I thought that maybe I would buy something, but the next album pull out off the box was..Barry Manilow's 'Tryin' to Get the Feeling'. Yes. From 1975, with 'I Write the Songs' again. That was too much for me.

Let's listen to David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHzTfgwKLYw

I must have grimaced horribly because the salesman (he was in his early 40s) came up and asked if there was anything wrong and what I was looking for, and I just started telling him about The Partridge Family and David, how life was unfair for him. And about 'Cherish' album released 52 years ago. The guy was listening and searching something on his laptop, but I really didn't expect it. And we smiled to each other for the next 2 minutes, and other customers were also smiling looking at us. And listening too. To David Cassidy's 'Cherish' played in the Warsaw's shopping center on Saturday early afternoon.

A very small thing, but I was smiling yesterday all day long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lfgxeoLL0c




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'